Tahoe is the SUV you can count on to take on full-size demands. It's big on capability – ideal for hauling, with a towing capacity of up to 3,856 kg (8,500 lb). While the 320 hp VortecTM 5.3L V8 engine can move a substantial load with ease, it also delivers best-in-class 9.4 L/100 km highway and 14.3 L/100 km city fuel efficiency ratings on 4x4 models,** thanks to sophisticated Active Fuel Management® and Variable Valve Timing (VVT) technologies. Tahoe is also big on comfort, with welcoming accommodations for up to nine – and a wealth of premium amenities. You can depend on it, with Tahoe.
- Pulling Power
- Chevy engineered Tahoe to help you manage a trailer. That goes beyond its substantial towing capacity of up to 3,856 kg (8,500 lb). The heavy-duty boxed frame provides the strength needed to withstand the forces a trailer exerts on a truck. A series of standard features help you keep the truck and trailer performing consistently, despite the load, including electronic trailer sway control, Hill Hold Assist and a Tow/Haul Mode transmission. An available integrated trailer brake controller helps keep even the heaviest trailers under control.
- Powerful? Yes - Fuel Efficient? Yes
- You need both power and fuel efficiency from your SUV. Tahoe answers with the VortecTM 5.3L V8. It generates 320 hp and 335 lb-ft of torque - just what's needed to get a fully loaded trailer moving. But today, fuel efficiency isn't just a nice-to-have feature, it's a necessity. So you'll be pleased to know that Tahoe also earns best-in-class 8.5L/100 km highway and 10.1L/100 km city ratings on 4x4 models.** That's made possible by a combination of advanced technologies that make the most out of every litre of fuel. Active Fuel Management® shuts down four of eight cylinders in low-demand conditions. Variable Valve Timing (VVT) optimizes combustion timing, increasing low-end torque and fuel efficiency. And the standard 6-speed automatic transmission helps conserve fuel with its "tall" overdrive.
- One Very Capable Hybrid
- Imagine a full-size SUV that generates 332 hp and can tow up to 2,812 kg (6,200 lb). Imagine that same truck achieving a city fuel efficiency rating that delivers an impressive 10.1 L/100 km.† That's the reality of Tahoe Hybrid's advanced Two-Mode Hybrid System. It can operate on electric power alone and on VortecTM 6.0L gasoline engine power alone - or a combination of the two when passing or towing a trailer up steep inclines. You can even turn the VortecTM gasoline engine off at speeds up to 48 km/h (30 mph). Adding to the efficiency is the regenerative braking that captures energy that would otherwise be expended by braking friction. Capable and highly efficient: Tahoe Hybrid.
- Loads of Space - And Amenities
- Tahoe has the space you need with standard seating for up to nine. That still leaves a generous 479L (16.9 cu. ft.) of cargo room behind the third row of seats. Fold down the second and third rows and open up an enormous 3,084L (108.9 cu. ft.) of space. The seating is also incredibly flexible, with a standard 40/20/40 split-folding front-row bench seat, 60/40 split-folding second-row bench and 50/50 third-row bench seats. You can take the convenience to another level with the available second-row power-release flip-and-fold seats. You can also add the luxury of available heated and cooled leather-appointed front seats.
- Connected - And Entertained
- You're never out of touch in Tahoe - even when you're far off the beaten track. The standard Bluetooth® hands-free phone connectivity enables you to make, answer and end calls on compatible mobile phones, using standard steering wheel-mounted controls. To entertain you along the way, you can listen to the 130 channels of news, talk, comedy and sports programming from the standard SiriusXM Satellite RadioTM.†† You can also plug in your iPod® or other MP3 player into the standard USB port. And you can keep your rear-seat passengers engaged with an available Rear Seat Entertainment Package with its DVD player and fold-down monitor.
- Z71 - As Tough As It Gets
- About the only way to make Tahoe even tougher and even more ready for off-road adventure is with the available Z71 Off-Road Package. It can take the severe punishment offered up by Canada's varied terrain. Features include off-road jounce bumpers, gas-charged monotube shock absorbers, a skid plate package and specially-tuned springs. The look is also bolder, thanks to rugged styling features, like 18" aluminum wheels with off-road tires, a chrome grille insert and a unique front fascia. Your ticket to just about anywhere - Z71.
ΩMSRP - Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. Dealers are free to set individual prices. See additional information on vehicle pricing.
^ Available manufacturer to dealer delivery credit (tax exclusive). This credit is available to cash customers only; customers who choose to finance or lease their vehicles will forego some or all of these credits which will result in a higher effective cost of credit on their transaction.
Visit OnStar.ca for coverage map, details and system limitations. Services vary by model and conditions.
† 2013 Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid based on GM testing in accord with approved Transport Canada test methods. Your actual fuel consumption may vary.
†† Available in 10 Canadian provinces and the 48 contiguous United States. Subscription sold separately after trial period. Visit siriusxm.ca for details